Ms. Beatty graduated from Texas A & M University in 1985 with a BBA in Finance.
Ms. Beatty has worked for two of the Big 4 accounting firms, a top five firm, and a large local Houston firm. Her concentration includes compliance and consulting needs of business entities and executives. A significant portion of her clients have international transactions. Client industries include distribution, manufacturing, retail, and service.
Ms. Beatty believes that there is much more to the Tax Compliance process than completing tax forms and sending them into a taxing jurisdiction. Rather, the tax return is the final piece in the process of developing and designing tax planning ideas and opportunities. It is extremely important that there is a high level of coordination between the tax consulting function and the tax and reporting functions, to ensure that the tax strategies are accurately implemented, all regulations are properly complied with, and tax positions are thoroughly documented and defendable in the case that they are challenged.
Representative Experience Includes:
- Submitting private letter rulings; advising on various changes in accounting methods including IRC Sec 263A, gift cards, overall accounting methods, and submission of Form 3115; advising on changes in accounting periods and submission of Form 1128; outbound international tax consulting on doing business in foreign jurisdictions, inbound international tax consulting on doing business in the US coupled with the sale of a foreign entity, international tax consulting regarding the sale of intellectual property to a foreign entity; assisting clients with becoming compliant with their foreign financial assets including submissions under the Offshore Disclosure Program and Streamlined Disclosure Program.
- IRS representation including successfully defending a client under an LMSB audit with Uniform Cap, DPAD, multiple CFCs, foreign tax credits, transfer pricing, and multiple shareholder loans resulting in a no change audit; filing amended returns to change status from PFIC to active business resulting in a seven figure refund; filing amended returns to change passive activities to material participation resulting in six figure refunds, successfully responding to a full compliance audit for individuals with seven figure income with multiple Sch Cs resulting in a no change audit; and responding to a lifestyle audit resulting in a no change audit.
- Federal and international tax compliance including consolidated Forms 1120 with Forms 5471, 5472, 1118, 8832, 8858, 926; Form 1065 with Forms 8804, 8805, and 8813; Form 1120S; Form 1040; Form 1040NR; and Form FinCEN 114. State tax compliance.
About Beatty CPA, LLC
BEATTY CPA LLC is a boutique firm, specializing in customized advisory, tax, and accounting solutions, designed to meet the unique needs of each client. Their team of seasoned professionals works closely with each client to provide the most comprehensive level of service.
Clients benefit from expertise in the following areas:
- Business Advisory & Consulting
- Domestic Tax Compliance and Consulting
- International Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Accounting Services